Have you PiStorm’d your Amiga? If so, you are not alone. This popular and inexpensive method of upgrading your system is hard to say no to considering it’s a Video, RAM and CPU enhancer all-in-one.
But did you know about Caffeine OS as a complement to your PiStorm? With a 32GB or larger SD card in hand, you can have a very snappy Amiga-OS-styled system chocked full of goodies to make your Amiga hum!
- Grab your SD card and get ready for some fun
- Download your Raspberry PI Imager if you don’t already have it
- Head over to CaptLeChuck for your copy of Caffeine OS
- Unzip the Caffeine OS file
- Image it to your SD card using Raspberry PI
- Remove and insert into your PiStorm
- ALO! (Amiga Light Off)
The system will immediately come up greeting you, ensuring you are doing OK with life, and start your customization of the system.
Once you have completed the few steps, you are free to roam about the cabin!
With the recent build as of this writing (921), a 32 GB card will leave you about 87MB free for your own files. Of course, you could remove the items you don’t want to favor the items you do (like music for me!).
Included in the build are items to enrich your life such as:
- Fully functioning Workbench with Dock
- WHDLoad Games (4,703 games included in recent download!)
- Internet / Networking
- 3D modeling
- ADF handling
- Developer tools
- Office Suite
On the Amiga 1200, this OS was very responsive. I did have one crash result when I tried to do some adjustments with my networking to get a Wifi PCMIA card to work. After the crash, I just had to reburn the image (starting from scratch) to recover - so recommend as you get deep into customization, do image snapshots of your OS.